Today is Friday the 13th. And the full moon. Yikes. I think I’ll stay inside after dark, tonight and maybe read a scary book to celebrate the occasion. Sounds like fun, no?
But on to the moving I’ve been doing this week. I hit my goal yesterday and, if the rain ever decides to stop, maybe I can get one in later today to exceed that goal. Here are my stats:
- Saturday: Trainer (30 mins); 35 minute walk
- Sunday: This day was spent recovering from the workout on Saturday.
- Monday: Walking, 52 minutes (2.68 miles)
- Tuesday: Power walk, 41 minutes (2.68 miles)
- Wednesday: Power walk, 43 minutes
- Thursday: Trainer (30 mins)
- Friday: Right now it’s pouring rain, so I’ve no idea if I’m going to get a walk in. The Weather Channel says the rain should end by 130 so hopefully they’re right.
The power walks were a killer. I never realized what a difference it was,, going from a moderate pace, to just…fast. My muscles were all “WTH are you doing?!” and I could definitely feel it the next day. (Between all this walking and my trainer, I can already feel a difference in my muscles. This is motivation in and of itself to keep going.)
My mp3 player which I’ve had for seven years finally died on me. This made me so sad because I had so much on it (thankfully saved on my laptop!) but it was great while it lasted. So I’ve been listening to music on my phone while walking, while I figure out what model to buy next. I was surprised at how expensive mp3 players are. Maybe I should just finally upgrade my phone and I can download my audio books there. Hmmm, decisions, decisions. Do you listen to music/books on your phone or an ipod? What are the pros/cons of phone vs. mp3? I’d love to hear your thoughts, as well as how you did this week!!
I hope everyone has had a great week and happy walking (or riding a bike, or working out, or whatever fitness you’re doing!)